Oxford Owl

Hi Families,
Below is a letter from Marie Pytharoulis regarding an online reading program called Oxford Owl. Please read through this and get in touch if you have any questions or concerns:

***
Dear Parent/Guardian,

5 thoughts on “Oxford Owl

1. Hi Erin
    Is this a resource that we are able to access at home or is it school based only?
    Thanks
    Tamara

1. Hi Tamara,
      This can be accessed from home, however at this stage we are just exploring it at school. Next term I will provide logins for the online programs we use so that students can access them from home.
      Erin

2. Hi Erin
    this sounds fantastic. I’d be interested in it for Eliza in year 4 can I get it for her too?
    Thanks
    Cate

1. Hi Cate,
      This resource is for levelled readers (RR 1-30). If Eliza is on readers her teacher should be able to organise a subscription for her. Otherwise Scholastic Learning Zone (Literacy Pro) is the resource we have access to for Lexile readers. This also has online books with associated quizzes to monitor reading comprehension. I’m happy to show you the difference between these two resources some time!
      Erin

3. Once you have arranged log ins for the students, I would love one for Tom as well please.
    Thank you,
    Coralie